Best Printer For Cardstock Invitations in 2023
In terms of the quality of images they print out, cardstock printers are always top-notch. And seeing these printers not so overly expensive makes one want them more than ever.
But are these printers just like ordinary printers? We’re here to find that out.
Getting the right cardstock printer is a bit daunting. There are a few technical things you need to know in order to get the printer that’s right for you.
We list down the Best Printer For Cardstock Invitations to make it easier for you. We’ve also noted the things we like about them.
So, without further delay, let’s get started!
What Is a Cardstock Printer?
Most of the regular printers can work with papers just OK. That is, of course, considering that we are using the regular kinds of paper.
But what if the paper we are using is a bit on the heavier side? This is when printing troubles start; because most of the regular printers around cannot handle the heavy papers, like that of cardstock.
With regular printers used for heavier mediums, you tend to get a lot of paper jams and therefore wasting a lot of paper in the process.
Cardstock printers are made for that – for a heavier paper. From simple texts to images, cardstock printers assure you of quality beyond the ordinary.
If there’s a downfall to cardstock printers, however, it’s that most of them eat up a lot of toner and ink. But with projects like wedding invitations and other printing jobs that involve card-making, the fast depletion of ink is something you have to live up with.
Using cardstock printers for your card-making projects – from invitations to scrapbooking to huge marketing artworks that need printing – cardstock printers are the only ones that can provide you with optimal outputs.
And here are 5 of them we believe you should consider in your next purchase.
Best Printer For Cardstock Invitations Reviews
Say goodbye to paper jams and absolute waste of money on paper and heavier mediums. Here are the best printers for cardstock that can give you flawless printouts minus the troubles.
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100
Printing Technology: InkjetSpecial Feature: Cd-printingConnectivity Technology: USB Cable, Wi-Fi , Mobile Memory
First on our list is a printer that boasts of quality while handling huge paper capacity.
This printer model brags of being able to handle the paper weight of as much as 110 pounds;its paper size, a maximum of A4. With these features alone, you can be assured that the printer can handle a wide array of cardstock papers.
It has a front-loading cartridge. Its paper tray is at the rear. But if there is something about this printer, it is that it can handle a capacity of 150 sheets of the standard paper size, A4.
The tray also comes with a cover to protect your cardstock papers from dust and grime. And one of the best features of this cardstock printer is that it can print cardstocks without bending or folding the medium.
This printer model uses pigment-based ink, which, we think is the absolute must for cardstock printing. It is equipped with an 8 dye-based ink system for brilliant colored outputs. Three of these 8 are focused on grayscale inks which give you sharp and solid black and white images on your printouts.
And as with most models from this brand, the outputs are always of high-resolution and of great quality. This is because of this printer model’s patented print head that makes it possible to print with microscopic droplets. Its dpi, FYI, is to a high resolution of 4800 x 2400.
Connecting is easy. You can directly connect from a wired internet connection with its built-in Ethernet connectivity feature, or you can also connect through Wi-Fi. The wireless connectivity features allow multiple users to effortlessly print from different computers at one time.
2. Brother Monochrome MFCL2710DW Laser Printer
Printing Technology: LaserSpecial Feature: Auto-Duplex, Network-ReadyConnectivity Technology: Wi-Fi
Our next entry is ideal for printing tasks done at home or for average printing jobs at work.
The printer has flexibility in terms of its paper handling. It is equipped with a tray that can accommodate up to 250 sheets. This simply means that you do not need to spend much time in always refilling your paper trays.
This model’s manual feed also allows you to print on different kinds of mediums from envelopes to cardstock to just about anything. Also, it has an automatic paper feeder than can work with as much as 50 sheets.
Its printing speed is fairly decent as compared to the others with its speed of 32ppm for black and white laser duplex printing. Aside from the printing jobs, you can also use this to fax, make copies of, or scan documents.
Connecting to the printer is pretty smooth. You can connect through different modes – from Ethernet to Wi-Fi to USB – all these and more make it easier for anyone in the office to print documents.
Activate your Dash Replenishment Feature in this printer and you won’t ever worry again about running out of ink in the middle of a project.
This feature keeps track of the level of ink available and lets you know when you are already about to run out of it. And this gives you enough time to purchase or to refill your cartridges.
If there’s one downfall about this model, it’s that it is not compatible with third-party toner cartridges. But with that aside, the model is best for small offices or for use at home.
3. HP Office Jet Pro 8035 All-in-One Wireless Printer
Printing Technology: InkjetSpecial Feature: Auto-Duplex, ENERGY STAR Certified, Color Touchscreen.Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi, Ethernet
This comes from a reputable printer brand, so expect nothing but quality and innovation with this next cardstock printer.
This model is engineered to print on cardstock mediums and is ideal for home offices or for small businesses.
Aside from its capacity to print on cardstock, it can also fax, copy, and scan documents. It has an amazing paper handling capacity that can house as much as 250 sheets on its input tray. Its output tray can hold as much as 60 sheets.
Printing is pretty fast, assuring you of being able to print as much as 10 pages per minute, whether black and white or colored. It has very unique features like the smart tasks and its capability to scan documents to USB.
These features are the defining factors why we think this is one of the best cardstock printers around. Not only will it save you time, but it will also increase your productivity at work.
For printing capacity, this model can support automatic side-by-side printing and copying. It also is equipped with an automatic documentfeeder, which is an added convenience.
In terms of connectivity, this printer has notable characteristics as well. One of those is its self-healing capabilities. This assures you of continuous connectivity and minimized disruptions while working on your cardstock projects.
Also, it is equipped with the much-needed security prerequisites to guarantee your privacy online.
Finally, purchase this online, and you get a code that would enable you to redeem up to 8 months of ink. And if you think this is not an efficient way to save money on ink, we don’t know what is.
4. Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer
Printing Technology: Inkjet
Special Feature: Air print, Scanner, Bluetooth, Chromebook
Connectivity Technology: USB
While the brand is known for its quality cameras, it can also deliver when it comes to its printers.
Being one of the best cardstock printers around, this model can not only print but can also work on copying and scanning your documents. Its compact build allows you more space at home or in your office since it won’t be taking much space.
Just like any other printer from this brand, this also assures you of high-quality prints. It is engineered with a 6-color ink system that includes a one-of-a-kind Photo blue ink tank to help minimize your photo’s graininess. This gives you photo prints that are on par with any professionally-printed photos.
Connectivity, just like any other printer these days, is a breeze with this model. You can print your documents by connecting through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Printing from any mobile device or gadget has never been this easy.
Not only that, but the printer also has a built-in SD memory card system that enables you to print from memory cards.
Equipped with a 5-inch color screen, the printer is easier to operate as compared with its other counterparts. Individuals with larger fingers would find it convenient to adjust the printer settings while working on projects because of this larger-than-the-others screen.
Not only that, but it is also built with filters that can add a creative flair to your images before printing.
This model does not disappoint. It takes up little space and gives you high-quality prints. What more can one ask?
5. HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw
Printing Technology: LaserSpecial Feature: Auto-Duplex, Scan to Email, Network-Ready, Color Touchscreen, Print from USB Drive, Cloud Print Enabled, Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet
Last but definitely not the least; we have a brand also reputed for being able to manufacture great-quality printers.
Upon seeing the brand alone, we can expect nothing but optimal prints, a durable printer, and that much-needed printing convenience.
For starters, the printer is not that huge. Its compact design allows you more space at home or at work.And considering the quality of its prints, we must say this is one of the best printers for cardstock for beginners today.
The printouts are of high-quality. And unlike any ordinary models, there will be no folding or scratching of your cardstock with this printer. So, if you are printing jobs that involve cardstocks, from invitations to signs and flyers, to scrapbook projects, this is a good fit.
It prints fast and can do two-sided printing as well. Moreover, it can scan, as well as fax and copy your documents. It is equipped with an automatic document feeder and comes with a 2.7-inch color touch screen for making adjustments prior to printing.
With its wireless connectivity features, you can now print wirelessly using your iOS or Android gadget by connecting to the printer through Wi-Fi. Also, you can print through its built-in USB port.
To be honest, if you have huge cardstock printing jobs at hand, this is not the printer for you. We believe this would be good for beginners or for users who prefer an easy-to-navigate printer. This is pretty basic and uncomplicated.
The setup is pretty straightforward for a printer. It can print on thicker cardstock alright, but it will not be able to work well with a much heavier paper.
|Product Name||Technology||Connectivity Technology||Features||Compatible Devices|
Canon Pixma Pro-100
USB Cable, Wi-Fi, Mobile Memory
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
HP Office Jet Pro 8035
Auto-Duplex, ENERGY STAR Certified, Color Touchscreen.
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
Airprint, Scanner, Bluetooth, Wifi, Chromebook
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw
Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet
Auto-Duplex, Scan to Email, Network-Ready, Color Touchscreen
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
In short let’s look some other printers
- Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. Use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s ltd. wnty.
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
- Individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints. Sound pressure level: Pressure: 49 dB(A)
- Professional projects: Made easy features a 50 sheet rear tray for specialty media, including cardstock (1); Accommodates a variety of paper finishes and border less sizes from 4 inches X 6 inches To 13 inches X 19 inches
- Ultra compact wide format A3 plus printer 30 percent smaller than its predecessor (2); Easily fits on your desktop
- Convenient printing features supports auto 2 sided document printing, with a 200 sheet front tray
- Never run out of ink again printer features Dash Replenishment which, after activation, keeps track of your ink usage and orders more from when you are running low
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the OfficeJet Pro 8710, this small office printer offers faster printing at 22 pages per minute, automatic 2-sided copy and scan, a 35-page automatic document feeder, and is 37% smaller.
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone or printer.
- Genuine HP 962 ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at $2.99 per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included.
- Print remotely using HP Smart app: Access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and print, copy, and scan on the go with our highly-rated HP Smart app.
- Self-healing Wi-fi: Ensures you stay connected by detecting issues and automatically undergoing up to 3 stages of reconnection to keep your Wi-Fi stable and reliable.
- Built-in security essentials: Protect sensitive data with built-in security essentials like basic encryption, password protection, Wi-Fi security, and document protectioni-Fi security, and document protection.
- Create editable, searchable documents – Use Smart Tasks in the HP Smart app to scan documents to cloud software like iCloud or Box that you can later search and edit before printing.
- One-year limited hardware warranty – Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support. Easily set up your printer by downloading the HP Smart app on your mobile device.
- Sustainable design – This multifunction printer features a sustainable design made with up to 10% recycled plastic.
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13; Mac compatibility: Mac OS X v10.6.8 v10.913
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Fine print head technology (Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering)
- High performance 5 individual ink tank system. Auto sheet feeder 150 sheets
- 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution; Print resolution (up to): Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, number of nozzles: Color: 4,096, black: 1,024, total: 5,120
- Outstanding image quality and color — all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors
- No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — dedicated nozzles for both black ink types — no switching needed
- New 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead — consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy
- Easy printing from smart devices — print color-managed files directly from your iOS device (1) using an easy-to-use interface
- New Carbon Black Driver Technology — all-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
- Professional media handling — accommodates rolls (2) and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional, Signature Worthy and Legacy papers as well as third-party media
- Easy to use — features 4.3″ customizable touchscreen, wireless connectivity and interior LED light for fast, convenient operation
- Compact design — 23 percent smaller than our previous generation
- Industry-leading print permanence — creates prints that last up to 200 years in color and 400 years in black-and-white (currently in testing) (3)
- Designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges.
Best Cardstock Printer Buying Guide
As earlier mentioned, getting your cardstock printer may be a daunting experience. Here, we have gathered a few technicalities to consider to ensure you get the best printer for cardstock available.
Quality of Prints
One of the major things to look for when shopping for cardstock printers is on the quality of its prints.
Actually, this is not just applicable to cardstock printers, but to any printer you mean to purchase. You want to make sure that you are able to produce excellent-quality prints. However, you have to remember that the quality of your prints determines the final look of your projects.
High-quality prints usually have a high number of DPI (dots per inch). Before the purchase, ask for its DPI and test on how sharp its prints are.
What sets cardstock printers apart from the others is its ability to handle as much heavy paper as possible.
When looking for a cardstock printer, go for those that can handle as much paper volume as possible. This enables you to save time as you are able to finish cardstock printing jobs in a short period of time.
Also, make sure to check the maximum weight of cardstock the printer can support.
It is also of utmost importance to check for a printer’s connectivity options. A printer that has multiple connectivity options equate to printing convenience for its users.
Most printers come with USB connections, making it easier to print through the USB port. Another thing to consider connectivity-wise is whether you can connect to the printer wirelessly or not. Wireless options would be through Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
For your printing convenience, never miss out on checking connectivity options.
Print Media Size
Cardstock papers come in varying sizes.
When getting yourself a printer, you need to check its versatility in handling different paper sizes. What you will be looking for should be the best printer for business cards as much as it is the best for regular-sized cardstock papers. The more sizes it can work with, the better it is for you and your projects.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cardstock Printer
Some things may still bother you about the printer. Here, we address your concerns.
Can I Use Cardstock on a Regular Printer?
Provided you are not bothered much by low-quality prints, yes, you can.
While this is true for newer printers, printing on cardstocks may be a challenge with older printer models.
What Printers can Handle Cardstocks?
Most printers nowadays have that capacity to print on cardstock. This capacity of regular printers, however, would vary from one model to another. You can check under Printer Settings, look for Paper Quality if it can handle cardstocks.
Do you Need a Special Printer to Print on Cardstock?
While most printers can handle cardstock, it is a question of whether you prefer high-quality printouts or not.
For professional-looking outputs, yes, you would be needing printers that can print on cardstock and heavier mediums.
In the end, your purchase will depend on the projects you will be doing. Will you be working on invitations and business cards? Or will you need versatility in terms of paper sizes?
Now you know all of the different features to look for when going to buy the best printer for cardstock invitations, you should be able to find one that fits your needs!
See what paper types are available, what resolutions are supported, how many copies it can print at once, and so on.