Best Button Maker Machine Reviews: Top 10 Picks From Expert
Clothing comes with all kinds of accessories. These accessories are used to add elegance to the clothes. They also serve other functions like holding the cloth together.
Herein, one of the most commonly used clothing accessories is the button. While fastening the cloth together, the button also adds a touch of uniqueness and sophistication to the attire. In the same vein, buttons can also be used as a badge for a school, organization and many more.
It is this that makes button maker machine the most crucial equipment in your home. You would agree with us that self-made buttons are unique and make you stand out.It is in this regard that we bring you the best button makers out there.
[easy_feature_table id='1628' /]
10 Best Button Maker Machine Reviews
If you search ‘button maker’ on one or two search engines, you will be overwhelmed by a myriad of results. This is why we brought you the very best in one place. All you need to do is decide which one is more suitable for you.
1. Mophorn Button Maker
Premium Quality, Ergonomic Handle, Sturdy Metal Base, Multiple Operations like: pin buttons, rope ties, key chains, bottle openers
If you are looking for a button maker that is easy to use and fast, then this is it. The Mophorn button maker is made with the user in mind. So, not only is it easy to install and assemble, but it also is straightforward to operate. The aluminum framework and solid die casting are some of the factors that contribute to this.
Its cushioned hand grip is another advantage of this equipment. Thus, you don’t need to have strong arms to press down. Even a fragile and feeble arm can make a button; thanks to this machine.
Using this machine, you can make all kinds of buttons effortlessly. From the classic pin button to rope ties, key chain to bottle openers and many more. What is more interesting is the fact that you can also use fabric to make buttons. You don’t really have to make the same old conventional paper made ones.
Make an array of badges for souvenirs, school clubs, fraternity houses, personalized gifts, symbols for organization and much more. Apart from making all these, you can make them in a short time too. This is because, with this machine, you can create as many as 200-300 pieces of buttons per hour.
The positive stop feature of this machine is another positive (pun intended) aspect of the device. It makes sure that there is an alignment between the upper and lower die cast.
What makes this particular instrument among the best button makers is the fact that the finished product looks professionally made.
2. Neil Button Machine
A Button maker machine with adjustable rotary cutting machine for variable button sizes. Ideal for both DIY projects and commercial purpose.
This machine was carefully engineered to serve the needs of every button maker. It is suitable for use by both individuals looking to make fun DIY projects and people that make badges and buttons for political campaigns, fundraisers, charities and more.
The Neil button maker is equipped with a rotary paper cutter that makes it easy to cut paper during the making process. It is generally easy to operate the whole machine. This attribute is due to its massive, sturdy and solidly built nature. Overall, the device works smoothly with no hitch.
Additionally, the machine has a thin Mylar covering. This way, you don’t have to check the thickness of the paper you are using continually.
One feature that makes this equipment stand out is the level of quality of the finished product. The quality is so good that it can easily be mistaken for a professionally built button.
Another thing about this maker is that little strength and force is required to press down. Therefore it can be used by virtually everybody regardless of power. It is, however, encouraged that kids use every type of heavy machine like this one under the supervision of an adult.
This machine is very durable, as such can be used for an extended period. But as with many other tools, to ensure its utmost durability, maintenance is necessary. Being able to assemble and take apart the machine is one of the maintenance practices.
3. Yosooo Button Maker
Red button maker machine is perfect for pin buttons, rope ties, key chains, bottle openers, etc. Symbolizes for schools, organizations, communities and enterprises.
This machine with an impeccable finish is made with high-quality materials. The high-performance materials have made the device durable. Hence this machine can be used for an extended period while it maintains its functions and performance.
A special feature of this machine is the ergonomic handle. This is what makes it the best badge maker. Because the handle is ergonomic, it does not cause discomfort to the hand while holding it, thereby saving energy. More so, the handle is easy to operate and use.
The Yosoo button maker can be used to make home-made metal badges. These badges can be for political campaigns, sporting events, fundraisers, or even to make symbols for schools and organizations. You can also create buttons that can serve as personalized gifts for family and friends.
Its slide die is one feature that allows the machine to move the dies more accurately and also perform fast slide operation. Besides, this button maker has removable die. This way, you can make different sizes of badges without having to buy a separate press each time. The press can accommodate different sizes and shapes of pins.
However, we noticed only a few failures while using this button maker kit. This can be because of the ergonomic handle of the Yosoo and also its design. Buttons always have little or no difference when compared with professionally made buttons.
Although the package contains a cutter, it is advisable to buy a different cutter. The reason is that the cutter is not suitable for use when making many badges at a time.
4. Chi Buttons Pro Badge Button Maker
All-In-One Pin Machine Kit, Durable & User-Friendly Design, Multiple use like: Business Promotional Buttons, Personalized Gifts, Custom ornaments.
If you are looking for a button maker that is lightweight and compact, then this one should be at the top of your button maker list. It is also easy to travel with. The equipment is made with high-quality materials.
This machine has a mold plate that swings which stands on an acrylic base that helps the machine stand firm. Because of this, you can make a button with this equipment without the fear of it losing balance while using.
Another exciting feature of the Chi Buttons Badge Maker is the changeable molds. This allows you to make badges of different shapes and sizes using one machine. Also, you don’t even need a separate press; all you do is change the mold. And voila, you are good to go.
When making a pin with this, you are to cut the paper a little bit bigger than what you’d expect the finished badge to be. This is so your finished badge comes out clean and neat after the entire making process.
With its handle that requires a little force to press down, this button maker is easy to use — applying too much power while pressing can lead to a wrinkle at the edges of the finished product. Otherwise, the finished badge comes out neat and looks professionally made.
Even though by design, it is lightweight, the machine is heavy-duty. It can be used as a professional button maker. This means you can make many badges within a short time.
5. American Button Maker Machine
Professional Heavy-Duty Cushioned hand grip Button Maker Machine, Lifetime Warranty Against Defects, Made in America
This is a heavy-duty button maker kit formulated for use by both novice button makers and professionals in the field. Made with American steel, the machine is durable and can withstand many years of rigorous use.
With its small and lightweight design, this machine can be easily transported from one place to another. In the same vein, storing it is also not difficult. Contrariwise, it also does not have any plastic part; therefore, there is no fear of breakage during transport.
The American button machine is easy to use with its 2-step making process. It equally is swift. Similarly, the swivel-dies-to-stop feature ensures the alignment of the upper and lower die cast. This guarantees that the final product is free from default.
While using this machine, there is little chance that a button would not be appropriately made; all buttons come out wholly done. This is because of the positive full stroke verification feature. Also, this makes sure that the finished product has that professional finish and finesse.
Conversely, this button maker has a cushioned hand grip. The design of the machine’s handle reduces the risk of hand fatigue and wrist strains. It also has a cam-on-roller feature. What this feature actually does is make sure that only a little physical force is required to operate the machine.
This product does not, however, have changeable dies. Therefore, you have to get a second machine if you need to make buttons of different sizes.
6. Yescom Button Badge Maker Machine
For people that make buttons for a business, this button maker might interest you. It is a heavy-duty machine whose main body is made of solid cast iron. This, coupled with the base material, makes it sturdy and robust. And these features make it anti-corrosive which in turn leads to its high durability.
Even though this particular one is heavy-duty, it has a lightweight. Which means that it is portable and can be stored easily with no struggle? Yes, it has a small volume.
What makes this button maker suitable for the high-end product is its speed. This way, you can make a large number of buttons in a short period. The presence of a metal slide plate in this one makes plate sliding fast and more accurate. See why it’s fast?
Using this, you can make a versatile number of buttons of different sizes and shapes. This is because it has an interchangeable mold. So you use one machine to make every button you want.
The Yescom button makers can be used to make not just buttons but also make hey chains, bottle openers, pin buttons, and rope ties. This makes them an excellent addition to for fundraising and political campaigns.
Also, this machine can be assembled within a short period. Also, it is easy to learn how it works. Using and operating it is stress-free too. The cutter of this machine is, however, not convenient for use, especially when making many buttons at a time. Herein, you may consider getting a different one.
To get stared you will get 11000 sets of button parts along with the machine . These parts include pinned back, a clear film.
7. Vevor Badge Button Maker Machine
This particular machine is more suitable for use when making badges. It also requires little knowledge to install and operate. Also, because of its design and volume, it is easy to transport this machine. So the next time you have that fundraiser in a different town, you can carry your button maker with you.
Making buttons with this machine is not difficult. This is because the device has some unique feature that make it stand out as one of the best badge makers out there. Besides, there is a low failure rate associated with using this equipment.
Another feature of this button maker is the interchangeable molds. With this, you can make buttons of different shapes and sizes all with a single appliance. What is even more interesting is how easy it is to learn how to operate this machine. So you can start making your buttons after a short time.
Using this button maker, you can make not just buttons but other accessories too. Some of these accessories are tourist souvenirs, key chains, personalized gifts for friends and family. You can also make ornaments to beautify clothes, bags and shoes.
A vital characteristic of this button maker is the cushioned hand grip that makes it comfortable to use. The acrylic base allows the appliance to stand firm without gliding while you are using it. This, in turn, makes the final product have an immaculate and sophisticated finish.
8. ChiButtons Badge Machine Button Maker
If you are tired and bored of the regular old button maker design, then you should consider this one. It has a smooth design that is also compact and lightweight. So you don’t have to think much about storage or even carrying it on trips.
Like some of the others you have seen above, this too has an interchangeable mold. Meaning different types of mold can be used on this machine. The mold plate is similar to swing.
More so, it has an acrylic base and a stainless steel metal body that is rust free. So, it is durable and can last for a long time. There is a circular cutter that comes with the machine. Some users, however, prefer to buy a separate cutter that works better.
It can also be used without difficulty even for a first time user. It is also easy to assemble. Since it is manual, you have more liberty to make adjustments to suit your desired taste.
Although the handle is not cushioned, we have found out that it is comfortable to use and doesn’t cause blisters. It is also easy to use, and all you do is press down, the long handle has made pressing down effortless and fast.
The button produced using this machine is professional grade. Therefore, it can also be used for commercial purpose. However, to achieve that, you need to be extra careful when during the button making process. Also, try not to push the handle with too much force. It causes wrinkles on the edge of the button.
9. Badge-A-Minit Button Machine
If you are looking for a portable badge maker that you can carry around, then this is for you. It is a handheld manual button maker that is more suitable for DIY projects and infrequent use. Using much often can cause it to wear out.
This button maker can be used straight out of the packaging because it comes assembled and ready to use. With this machine, you can make buttons with your design and any graphics.
A downside of this machine is that it requires a lot of physical pressure to press down the handle. But, that might be just what you are looking for. Like other users who found the pressing fun, the press is made of heavy-duty metal, so it is durable and as such can be used for a long duration.
You can make professional-looking buttons with the Badge-A-Minit button maker. However, we noticed that this machine is slow. That means it will take a lot of time to produce a large quantity.
The machine is also easy to use, and you only need to read the enclosed instructions well. This also means that your first button would come out looking neat and good.
When using this button maker, your products would be more accurate if you cut the paper using a circular cutter. You can also cut by hand since the edge you are cutting doesn’t show on the button.
This product is also an excellent gift for the DIY enthusiast, teenagers, school and other organizations. You can also make personalized buttons as Christmas or birthday gifts.
10. Badge Punch Press Maker Machine
Although this machine is similar to others based on its external features, it sure has a different body assembly. Likewise, it has a unique design proportion that ensures balance while using the machine. Its compact lightweight makes it easy to store in cupboards.
Its cushioned arm support is an ideal feature that prevents sore and blisters from forming in the palm. Furthermore, it allows you to press down the lever effortlessly with only a little pressure.
This particular machine is made to withstand corrosion and rust with its aluminum alloy body casting and acrylic base. That and other such peculiar features increase its durability. In essence, it is a high-performance machine that would withstand regular use.
You can have fun while making a badge in just three steps. The machine is also easy to use, and assembly is not an issue. Its molds are made of precise stainless steel. This, in turn, makes the button upon completion exquisite looking and professionally made.
Another advantage of using this machine is that you not only make buttons and badges but also make other accessories for use. Some of these are key chains, rope ties, and bottle openers.
Badge Punch Press comes with a circle cutter. So you don’t have to buy another one. Circle cutters are suitable for cutting out unique shapes. You can also cut the perfect circle that would give your finished button a neat finish.
Let's Look over some other suggestions
- 🎁DIY Button Maker Machine Kit Includes - 58mm (2¼ inch) badge maker, 100pcs button parts, 58mm (2¼ inch) circle cutter, 100pcs 58mm (2¼ inch) pictures and a magic book.
- 🎁Unique Design - DIY 58mm a kind of badge making machine which be used to make small gift like pin badge, mirror, opener, hanger, rosette flower, keychain and so on. This machine adopt high strength engineering plastics, machine body and mold is integrated, features light weight, long life span, easy operation, which fully exercise the child's practical ability.
- 🎁Easy to Use - First,cut picture to proper size with simple and easy to use circle cutter punch press. Second,set 58mm badge bottom & top mould on button machine. Third,place badge metal cover into top cover mould & picture on cover. Forth,place transparent film on picture and press down on badge making machine handle. Last,add metal pin backing on bottom cover mould and press badge making machine handle.
- 🎁Upgraded Swivel Mount - The upgraded swivel mount technology not only improves efficiency and accuracy but also helps with better positioning, ensuring your buttons and badges come out exactly how you want them.
- 🎁Additional Magic Book - This is a magic book, it is blank when you open it, then cartoon when you reopen it, then colorful cartoon when you reopen it again, features high quality papers and bright colors. It can be used as a magic props, and also as a painting book, arouse children's interest in painting and writing.
- ⭐Button Maker Machine for All Sizes --- We prepared a upgrade all-in-one button maker machine for you, comes with 3 sizes of molds: 25mm (1 inch) 32mm (1¼ inch) 58mm (2¼ inch). It's brand new detachable design also allows you to replace other sizes of molds to make various button pin badges.
- ⭐Well Made & Durable --- Different from other metal button making machine (too heavy & easy to rust), our badge maker is made of high strength engineering plastic, very portable, easy operation & no rust. Perfect for making small gifts like pin badge, opener, keychain, etcs.
- ⭐Special Design --- This pin press machine upgraded in labor-saving and positioning design, so press more accurately and need less force to press. Easier to make hundreds of diy buttons in a short time, which fully exercise the child's practical ability.
- ⭐Easy Operation --- (Notice: please ensure the installation direction of mold is right, or the pin badge will be pressed unsuccessful) There is a detailed instruction and operation video in the picture page to tell you how to install the molds and make badges. The whole operation process is very simple, believe you will learn it quickly.
- ⭐Comprehensive Kit, Ready to Use --- 1×detachable button maker machine, 3 × 25/32/58mm (1/1.25/2.25 inch) button molds, 1×magic book, 3× circle paper cutters, 300pcs × 32mm & 200pcs × 25mm & 100pcs × 58mm pin badge accessories (round pins parts, plastic films, blank circle paper).
- 🎁Specail Gift --- The button maker machine kit is a perfect gift for your children/wife/mother/friends. You also could use this badge pins press machine to make various special & beautiful badge pins, and permanent record tourist attractions, food, pets, baby photos, medals, plants, anime characters, idol, halloween anniversaries, etc.
- ✔️✔️✔️Notice: It’s important that the pins should not be aligned with the holes at the top during the first button step. That allows the lower part of the mechanism to depress. The pins should then be aligned with the holes for the second step.
- ✿✿【HIGH QUALITY】The main body of The Button Maker is made of Cast iron, thicker material, durable. Comfortable handle and grip, which is more labor-saving and easy to use.
- ✿✿【4 MOLD SIZE】The Button Maker Kit contains 4 molds (30L: φ18mm,36L: φ23mm,40L: φ25mm,48L:φ30mm) & 400 buttons (each size 100pcs). Appropriate size according to your needs, and you can make your own buttons!!
- ✿✿【PRECISE ADJUSTMENT】The friendly grid design can store different buttons and save time. At the same time by turning the joint of the machine or adjusting the anti-collision rubber screw to control the distance.
- ✿✿【CUSTOMIZE PERFECT BUTTON】This Button Maker can not only manually DIY and make button gifts at home, but also set up your own small shop in the market, customize differently according to customer requirements, and earn an income for your life.
- ✿✿【EASY TO INSTALL AND USE】They don't need to be assembled, just need to replace different size molds and buttons according to your requirements. NOTE: There will be some spots on the product due to uneven metal pouring, which will not affect the use. and please wipe off the residual oil in the mold before use. Otherwise, your buttons may get oily stains on them.
- Create your own buttons! This Button Maker Deluxe kit is perfect for button making beginners and has everything you need to create your own first ten 2 1/4" pin back buttons! Button Maker Deluxe Kit includes 1 hand press, 1 set of button making assembly rings, 10 pin back button sets, and 10 pre-made button designs
- BONUS: Includes an additional Button Design Pack with 30 pre-made button designs giving you a total of 40 button designs to choose from.
- DIY button badge pins are fun and safe for arts and crafts makers of all ages! Buttons can be used to for campaigns, fundraisers, party favors, organizations, camp badges, school rewards, stocking stuffers, event souvenirs, etc.
- Pin back buttons look great on school backpacks , travel bags, t shirts, outdoor jackets, neck lanyards, hats, and more!
- Easy storage for this button badge maker, for its hand held size allows you to fit in your school locker, travel backpack, desk drawers, etc and its light weight for you to travel with! Measures: 1 ¼” W x 7” D x 4 ¼” H”, 1 lb. Genuine Badge-a-Minit product. Made in USA
- COMPLETE BUTTON BADGES MAKING SET - BEAMNOVA Button Maker Machine fits for 75mm / 2.95 in / About 3 Inch button badges, with 500 pcs button parts and a circle cutter. Just print your pattern and DIY your own badge!
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - Durable ABS body and Fiber Reinforced Plastics base for easy and sturdy operation. The ergonomically designed handle with a comfortable grip allows fast and labor-saving badge making. Aluminum rails for a bright outlook and are resistant to corrosion. Recommended Paper: 100g/m2-157g/m2 (coated paper or color ink-jet paper).
- FOR ACCURATE BADGE MAKING - Metal slide plate is more accurate for fast slide track operation and high success rate. The raised part prevents the die from slipping out of the machine while accurately positioning the badge.
- WIDELY APPLICABLE - You can DIY badges with different patterns. Suitable for normal family use. Also, you can choose to set up your own booth at flea markets or fairs, quickly make and sell buttons. With a digital camera and a variety of button parts you can take photos and sell them as finished products.
- NOTE: 1. Due to material fitting issues, the other button parts may not be suitable for BEAMNOVA maker machines, and BEAMNOVA's buttons may not be able to work for other brands of machines. It is recommended that you only purchase BEAMNOVA brand products. 2. If you get stuck during the making of the button, use a wrench to adjust the position of the mold so that the upper and lower molds are completely aligned after pressing the handle. Please refer to pictures or videos.
Things to Consider Before buying
We have picked out the best from the button makers out there, we also know and appreciate the difference in individual taste and like. So we understand that what appeals to us might not to you.
Since you are going to put in some investment into a best button maker, this is why we compiled some of the things you should look out for when buying. Check them out and form an informed decision.
The Reason You Are Buying
As with most things, it is essential to know why you are purchasing this appliance. Do you need it? Or do you just want to be part of the trend?
When you know the reason you are buying, it is easier to decide the type you want. For example, if you are buying because you need to make badges for your kids or students, you will look more towards simple button maker machines that are more cost-effective.
However, if you are deciding to start a business, high-end machines are what you should look out for. It is essential to know that the high end is not necessarily expensive. Just get what works for you.
What The Machine Is Made of
You would not want to buy a device that would develop a fault after a few uses, no, would you? This is where the material is made to come in.
The type of material used in making a product determines its durability. For instance, machines made from elastic are easily worn out. Those made from metal last longer but may rust over time. The ideal button maker should be made of stainless steel. They tend to resist corrosion.
Ease of Use
A machine is made to simplify things for you. So it would be counter-intuitive for it to be challenging to use. This is the reason why you should check how easy it is to use a button maker before you purchase it.
Also, lookout for a button maker that is easy to assemble and disassemble. Check the button parts; is the handle comfortable for you? Would it cause blisters on the palm? Just find out.
The Type of Mold You Need
Molds are the deciding factor of how your button looks at the end. The shape and size are inclusive. So it is crucial to know the size of the button the molds made.
Some machines have an interchangeable mold. This way, you can alternate between different sizes based on your current need. It saves you from buying different devices just so you make different sizes of buttons.
Since there are as many of these machines out there and the cost varies from product to product. You need to know that expensive doesn’t equal quality.
So go through product reviews and check which products suit your need. You then check if it is within your price range. If there is one thing we are sure of, it is that you are going to find it.
Type of Cutter Needed
Some machines come with their cutter either attached to the button maker or separately. To know which and what kind of cutter you need, you have to have decided the purpose for which the cutter is required.
Circular cutters are the best when it comes to cutting. This is because they allow cutting the paper or fabric in different shapes. So you may want to consider buying one regardless of the type of machine you have.
These are some of the factors you should consider before buying a button maker. With these, we hope that we have gotten you a step closer to get you making your choice.
What materials do I need to make Buttons?
To make your own buttons, you will need a button maker machine and the following materials:
- Button Parts (shells, mylar, pins)
- Paper or cardstock
- Ruler or template
- Clear tape
- Decorative papers (optional)
If you want to make professional looking buttons, we recommend using a button maker machine. You may create premium buttons using a button maker machine that are ideal for advertising your brand or cause.
Get the above supplies together to get started. When you have everything you need, you may begin creating your own buttons!
Using Instruction Of Button Makers
From the numerous options of button makers we’ve provided you with, we know you’d surely make your pick. After purchase, what do you do next?
Begin use right away!
But you can’t make a button without knowing how to use this machine. Though most of them come with default instructional, these instructions are however tangled or confusing; not stated in plain language.
So, we took some time to explain, but comprehensively how to generally use these machines regardless of which one you pick.
Here are the necessary steps you need to follow;
First, set up your machine. Many machines have different designs depending on the manufacturer, but the first step involves typically screwing the top mold to the base. After that, your equipment is ready.
Print your image or logo on a standard paper and then cut the picture to the right size by using the circle cutter. If you are making a fabric button, go ahead and cut the fabric to the desired size without printing. Just ensure that the size of the fabric/paper is the same as that of the transparent film.
Set the bottom and the top molds of the machine together.
Then, put the metal cover of the badge inside the top cover mold.
Insert the picture/fabric on the metal cover. However, ensure that the metal button top is to be placed in a circular slot on the left hand die.
To transfer the picture onto the button, press the handle downward. Then, with the zigzag side facing up, place the pin back into the right-hand die and push the handle downwards.
Tada! Your button is complete. You can get a step by step tutorial here with photo.
Safety Issues While Using Button Maker
Just like any equipment, the button maker also has some dos and don’ts. Hence, one has to be alert while storing, using and maintaining a button maker machine.
Here are some safety tips to follow while handling this tool;
How do you make a Button pin with a Machine?
A few materials are required if you wish to create button pins using a machine. You will initially require a button-making machine. These are available online and in some craft stores. You also require button pin backs. Usually, these are included with the button-making machine. You also need to have a design. It could be a picture, a graphic, or just text. You can start making your button pins as soon as you have everything you need!
Choose your design and print it out on paper to get started. Then, use scissors to cut out your design. After that, insert your design into the button maker. To finish, squeeze the handle to create your button pin!
It's time to get inventive now that you know how to produce button pins on a machine! A terrific method to display your sense of style is using button pins. They also make wonderful presents for loved ones and friends. So why are you still waiting? Make button pins right away!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do You Measure Button Size?
How Easy is It To Make a Button?
It’s quite easy to make a button provided you have a button maker. You just need to do is follow the instructions, and you’re good to go!
What is The Size of a Standard Button?
How Big is An mm On a Ruler?
Q. What paper should I use for the button graphic?
Why Do I need a Button Maker?
Button maker is simple to set up, use and maintain, but it needs to serve you a long time. After all, you can't replace the button maker everyday, so you have to choose the right one wisely for your purpose.
Now that you have been provided with all this information at your fingertips, what do you intend to do with? Ideally, this should serve as a form of guide to help you choose the best button maker machine.